Sciatica is among the most commonly reported type of back pain, and it is something we see on an almost daily basis here at Back in Balance Clinic. This condition affects the sciatic nerve. This nerve is very large, and it runs through the lower back and down both legs. When this nerve gets damaged, pinched, or irritated, the symptoms of sciatica are seen and felt, to where people start to scramble to find relief. We offer great sciatica pain treatments in Toronto ON that can help combat these symptoms.
What Are the Symptoms of Sciatica?
Commonly seen symptoms of sciatica flareups include:
- Lower back pain that can be constant or sharp and sudden
- Pain that runs down the back of the leg and is worse when sitting or bending
- Hip pain and loss of easy mobility due to pain
- A numbness, burning, or tingling sensation that runs down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or mobility issues with one leg or foot
- A constant pain radiating from one side of the buttock and one leg
- A shooting pain that makes movement such as standing or bending difficult
Sciatica most often affects only one side of the body, but the pain can be so bad, and the nerve pinched high enough in the lower back that both legs can be affected. Often, the pain extends from the lower back, through the buttock, and down the leg. Depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected, pain and numbness can reach down to the knee, ankle, or even the foot. The pain, weakness, and numbness make sciatica a difficult condition to live with.
Contact Us Today
If you are ready to find relief from your sciatica pain, then come see us today and see why more people trust us for sciatica pain treatment in Toronto ON!